Timelines
Entities
Forum
Miscellaneous Sub-Menu
Donate
Links
End of Main Menu

Submit a timeline entry
Donate: If you think this site is important, please help us out financially. We need your help!
Email updates

Click here to join: Suggest changes to existing data, add new data to the website, or compile your own timeline. More Info >>

To post in this forum, you must register.
This forum is intended to enable additional collaboration and facilitate the sharing of information among people involved in submitting and editing timeline entries.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
THE BIBLE CLEARLY STATES THAT THE END-DAYS ARE STILL FAR OFF.
Posted by: TheTruth (IP Logged)
Date: June 11, 2004 10:31PM

THE BIBLE CLEARLY STATES THAT THE END-DAYS ARE STILL FAR OFF.

Below are some quotes from Ezekiel (chapters 36 and 37) that clearly demonstrate that the end-time is still far off:

36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

36:35 And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.

37:16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions (The Jews (the descendents of the brothers Judah and Benjamin)): then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions (The Israelites - The Ten Lost Tribes (the descendents of the brothers Joseph, Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Zebulun, Issachar, Dan, Gad, Asher and Naphtali)):

37:17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

37:18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?

37:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

37:20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.

37:21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

Remember that King David united the descendents of Jacob into one nation. However, this unity was to last only 73 years, after which the nation split into the state of Israel in the north (the Israelites) and the smaller state of Judah in the south (the Jews). Here we read God's promise to reunite the Israelites and the Jews, and to bring them back to the land of their fathers.

37:24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

Often, Christians view the emigration of many Jews to the Middle East, as a sign that the end-time is near. This is due to a faulty reading of the above passage from Ezekiel. The passage makes it very clear that both the Jews and the Israelites will return to the land now called Israel and together they will form a nation that will never again be divided into two kingdoms. Since the identity of the ten lost tribes (the Israelites) is not yet known, it will be some time before they too return to Israel.

If, as some believe, Britain and the United States are Ephraim and Manasseh (British Israel), then it truly will be a very long time before these hundreds of millions of people move to Israel (and it will clearly be the most crowded real estate on the planet).

Recall that, the Israelites were expelled to Assyria (modern day Syria) in 722 BC and the Jews were expelled to Babylon (modern day Iraq) in 586 BC. It seems most likely that the descendents of Joseph, Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Zebulun, Issachar, Dan, Gad, Asher and Naphtali (the Israelites) are living in an area encompassing Syria, Iraq and southern Turkey and have adopted the Moslem faith.

Although, it may be a very long time before the return of both the Israelites and Jews to Israel, it is important to note that Abraham's descendants the Arabs (the descendants of Abraham's eldest son Ishmael) have already fulfilled God's promise of Genesis 15:

Genesis 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 06/11/04 10:39PM by TheTruth.

FROM THE NILE TO THE EUPHRATES. BIBLICAL PROPHECY FULFILLED.
Posted by: TheTruth (IP Logged)
Date: June 11, 2004 10:32PM

From the Nile to the Euphrates. Biblical Prophecy Fulfilled.

Although, it may be a very, very long time before both the Israelites and Jews return to Israel, it is important to note that Abraham's descendants the Arabs (the descendants of Abraham's eldest son Ishmael) have already fulfilled the foremost of God's promises to Abraham:

Genesis 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates.

Isn't it wonderful to see the Arab people controlling the area from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates, as promised by God.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Except where otherwise noted, the textual content of each timeline is licensed under the Creative Commons License below:

Creative Commons License Home| About this Site| Development| Donate| Contact Us
Terms of Use