Timelines
Entities
Forum
Miscellaneous Sub-Menu
Donate
Links
End of Main Menu

Submit a timeline entry
Donate: If you think this site is important, please help us out financially. We need your help!
Email updates

Click here to join: Suggest changes to existing data, add new data to the website, or compile your own timeline. More Info >>

To post in this forum, you must register.
This forum is intended to enable additional collaboration and facilitate the sharing of information among people involved in submitting and editing timeline entries.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
The Lone Gunmen pilot episode
Posted by: photophreak (IP Logged)
Date: April 14, 2004 11:06AM

I'm surprised the "pilot" episode of the X-Files spinoff The Lone Gunmen is not included in the timeline.

It aired in March of 2001 (March 4th, I believe).

The climactic plot:

A commercial airliner is remote controlled by the DoD to fly into the WTC in order to blame it on Arab terrorists and start a profitable war.

It's called Scenario 12D.

[www.redwolf.com.au]

Quote:
Byers: "What is Scenario 12D? We know, it's a war game scenario, that it has to do with airline counter-terrorism. Why is it important enough to kill for?"
Bertram Byers: "Because it's no longer a game."
Byers: "But if, some terrorist group wants to, act out this scenario, why target you for assassination?"
Bertram Byers: "Depends on who your terrorists are."
Byers: "The men who conceived of it in the first place. You're saying our government plans to commit a terrorist act against a domestic air..."
Bertram Byers: "There you go, indicting the entire government as usual. It's a faction, a small faction..."
Byers: "For what possible gain?"
Bertram Byers: "The Cold War's over, John. But with no clear enemy to stockpile against, the arms market's flat. But bring down a fully-loaded 727 into the middle of New York City; you'll find a dozen tin-pot dictators all over the world, just clamouring to take responsibility. And begging to be smart bombed."
Byers: "I can't believe it; this is about increasing arms sales?"
Bertram Byers: "Mm-hmm."
Byers: "When?"
Bertram Byers: "Tonight."

Quote:
Byers: "What's your progress?"
Langly: [on phone] "I've hacked into the flight control system output."
Frohike: [on phone] "With a little bit of help."
Langly: [on phone] "It's what the brains of the plane is telling the little black box."
Frohike: [on phone] "Course, heading, altitude, hold, yaw, axis stabilisation, wha... What the heck's that?"
Langly: [on phone] "Is that what it looks like?"
Frohike: [on phone] "I think it is what it looks like."
Byers: "What does what look like? Langly: [on phone] "Modem protocols. Remote access; somebody on the ground's flying your plane."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ND Man: "Bogie sir."
Raymond Helm: "Keep your course."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Byers: "I need to know our flight plan."
Frohike: [on phone] "I'm mapping the data now."
Langly: [on phone] "Byers... Your flight's going to make an unscheduled stop. In exactly 22 minutes."
Frohike: [on phone] "The corner of Liberty and Washington. Lower Manhattan."
Byers: "World Trade Centre." [to Bertram Byers] They're going to crash the plane into the World Trade Centre."
Bertram Byers: "I'll tell the flight crew."
Byers: "Langly... can you override the flight control system?"
Langly: [on phone] "Working on it..."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Except where otherwise noted, the textual content of each timeline is licensed under the Creative Commons License below:

Creative Commons License Home| About this Site| Development| Donate| Contact Us
Terms of Use